Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by DAJ <sh...@stubtaildesigns.com> on 2010/04/22 06:39:08 UTC

ActiveMQ NMS duplicate NMSMessageIDs received

I noticed that when receiving a message the providerSequenceID is being
stripped from the unique message id which is returned by NMSMessageID. In
doing so it appears to my application that I receive duplicate messages.

Example:

Client A:

Creates 3 messages with IDs

ID:AMQ-2447-1271861110307-4:48:-1:1:1
ID:AMQ-2447-1271861110307-4:48:-1:1:2
ID:AMQ-2447-1271861110307-4:48:-1:1:3

Client B:

When receiving the messages the IDs look like:

ID:AMQ-2447-1271861110307-4:48:-1:1
ID:AMQ-2447-1271861110307-4:48:-1:1
ID:AMQ-2447-1271861110307-4:48:-1:1

Thus to Client B it appears to be receiving duplicate message especially
since the providerSequenceID is not exposed as any property.

Can someone please explain why any part of the unique message id is being
stripped off?

Thanks in advance.

Re: ActiveMQ NMS duplicate NMSMessageIDs received

Posted by DAJ <sh...@stubtaildesigns.com>.
I have opened a JIRA issue as suggested. Instead of sample code I pointed out
where in the code base the actual problem is. Should be an easy fix unless I
am missing something.

https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQNET-248

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.