Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Nirav Shah <ni...@games24x7.com> on 2015/12/04 12:42:18 UTC

Drill Query Problem

Hello,

I am getting below error while running big query.

=======================================

Error: SYSTEM ERROR: CompileException: File
'org.apache.drill.exec.compile.DrillJavaFileObject[ProjectorGen2825.java]',
Line 5799, Column 17: ProjectorGen2825.java:5799: error: code too large
    public void doEval(int inIndex, int outIndex)
                ^ (compiler.err.limit.code)

Regards,
Nirav

Re: Drill Query Problem

Posted by Jinfeng Ni <ji...@gmail.com>.
Can you please check if you have JDK installed on the drillbit where
the forman node is located for this query? or can you check if the
drillbit.log for that bit contains the following WARN msg.  That would
help us understand the cause of the problem.  Thanks.

"JDK Java compiler not available - probably you're running Drill with
a JRE and not a JDK"

Re: Drill Query Problem

Re: Drill Query Problem

Posted by Nirav Shah <ni...@games24x7.com>.
Sure, I will check and revert. Anyway thanks for spending time on this.

Regards,
Nirav

Re: Drill Query Problem

Posted by Jinfeng Ni <ji...@gmail.com>.
@Nirav,

Re: Drill Query Problem

Posted by Boris Chmiel <bo...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Thanks Nirav,I did the same.

Re: Drill Query Problem

Posted by Jinfeng Ni <ji...@gmail.com>.
@Nirav,

If possible, could you please post a small sample dataset? For the
compilation problem of run-time generated code,  the thing matters is
the input column type. It would be nice if you could share some sample
data. Also, which version of Drill are you using?

I tried to use the following data in JSON format, by guessing the
column type from the query. I then run the query against the JSON file
in both 1.2 and 1.4.0. Both are running ok. However, I did notice for
one of the Project operator, Drill uses JDKClassCompiler, and the
total java source file has more than 17k line of codes, totaling 752.4
KB size.

Here is the compiling info for Project's generated code:

"
org.apache.drill.exec.compile.JDKClassCompiler:  Compiling (source
size=752.4 KiB):
"

{"userid": "USER1",
 "channelid" : 2,
 "id" : "/window/rewardtooltip/",
 "event" : "EVENT1",
 "mprizetype" : 2,
 "mgametype": "cfp",
 "misfmg" : "MG1",
 "sessionid":  "SESSION1"
}

Re: Drill Query Problem

Posted by Nirav Shah <ni...@games24x7.com>.
Hi Boris,

Re: Drill Query Problem

Re: Drill Query Problem

Posted by Sanjeev Verma <sa...@gmail.com>.
it seems that this exception is not related to the JDK compiler, not sure
what is triggering this

org.apache.drill.common.exceptions.UserException: SYSTEM ERROR:
JaninoRuntimeException: Code attribute in class "org.apache.
drill.exec.test.generated.ProjectorGen189" grows beyond 64 KB

Re: Drill Query Problem

Posted by Nirav Shah <ni...@games24x7.com>.
Let me know if you don't get attached query.

@Jinfeng,
I am not getting "JDK error".
I have tried "alter session set `exec.java_compiler` = 'JDK';" this doesn't
help.

Best,
 Nirav

Re: Drill Query Problem

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Nirav,

Re: Drill Query Problem

Posted by Nirav Shah <ni...@games24x7.com>.
Hi Abdel & Jacques

Re: Drill Query Problem

Posted by Jason Altekruse <al...@gmail.com>.
I think we might want to do more than just log in this case. Here enabling
the option is a good suggestion for possibly fixing the issue, but if a JDK
is not installed it looks like there will now just be a warning logged and
the same error will be produced.

It would probably be worth it to just throw the Janino compilation call in
a try block and produce a message that recommends turning on the option, as
well as confirming the a JDK is available on all nodes running Drillbits.

Re: Drill Query Problem

Posted by Jinfeng Ni <ji...@gmail.com>.

Re: Drill Query Problem

Posted by Jason Altekruse <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: Drill Query Problem

Posted by Jinfeng Ni <ji...@gmail.com>.

Re: Drill Query Problem

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@dremio.com>.

Re: Drill Query Problem

Posted by Abdel Hakim Deneche <ad...@maprtech.com>.
Hi Nirav,

--

Abdelhakim Deneche

Software Engineer

  <http://www.mapr.com/>

Re: Drill Query Problem

Posted by Sanjeev Verma <sa...@gmail.com>.
I am not sure but seeing a related  exception while executing a big query.