Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alex Short <al...@short.net> on 2002/06/10 18:43:11 UTC

Apache+Tomcat, mod_webapp or mod_proxy?

Just wondering what people's experiences are with mod_webapp and
mod_proxy.

I've been able to see two configurations for Tomcat4 with apache.  One
using mod_proxy and ProxyPass to send requests to Tomcat, others using
mod_webapp's warpConnection.  Is one a better solution then the other?

Our deployment will likely be some load balancing solution (hardware or
software) then two webservers running apache and tomcat.

I'd like to set apache to feed any requests for jsp pages to tomcat, right
now I'm accomplishing this by setting a symlink from the webapps dir to
the www directory, so that both apache and tomcat can see the same files,
and have apache pass it off if the content is jsp.  Ideally i'd set it up
so both apache servers can talk to their own tomcat4 server and also cross
over to the other one if theirs is down.

Any advice?

Thanks

-Alex