Posted to dev@hudi.apache.org by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org> on 2020/12/01 04:15:09 UTC

[DISCUSS] 0.7.0 release timelines

Hello all,

We still have a few features to land for the 0.7.0 release. Specifically,
RFC-15 and Clustering have PRs, undergoing test/production validation at
the moment.

Based on the JIRAs, I see two options

Option 1:  Cut RC by next week or so, and push out the larger features to a
(hopefully quick) 0.8.0. We already have a few large features in
master/pending PRs (spark3, flink, replace/overwrite etc..)
Option 2:  Wait till December end to cut RC, with all the originally
planned feature set.

Please chime in with your thoughts.

Thanks
Vinoth

Re: [DISCUSS] 0.7.0 release timelines

Posted by Raymond Xu <xu...@gmail.com>.
+1 option 2

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.
Thanks everyone! + users as well

I have merged the issues for 0.6.1 into 0.7.0 and marked out the blocker
JIRAs, for a December end release
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/HUDI/versions/12348721

Please review and engage on the JIRAs if you want to contribute, or provide
feedback.

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Mehrotra, Udit" <ud...@amazon.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.
+1 for 2 from me as well.

Posted by Balaji Varadarajan <v....@ymail.com.INVALID>.
 +1 for (2)

Posted by vino yang <ya...@gmail.com>.
+1 for option 2

Posted by Gary Li <ga...@outlook.com>.
vote for option 2.
________________________________

Posted by nishith agarwal <n3...@gmail.com>.
I vote for option 2 as well.

Posted by Bhavani Sudha <bh...@gmail.com>.
I vote for option 2 too.

Posted by Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com>.
I would vote for Option2 given that features are already being tested. if
it's half way through development, may be would have given it a thought.
But let's hear from the community.

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 8:15 PM Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> We still have a few features to land for the 0.7.0 release. Specifically,
> RFC-15 and Clustering have PRs, undergoing test/production validation at
> the moment.
>
> Based on the JIRAs, I see two options
>
> Option 1:  Cut RC by next week or so, and push out the larger features to a
> (hopefully quick) 0.8.0. We already have a few large features in
> master/pending PRs (spark3, flink, replace/overwrite etc..)
> Option 2:  Wait till December end to cut RC, with all the originally
> planned feature set.
>
> Please chime in with your thoughts.
>
> Thanks
> Vinoth