Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Peter Stibrany <st...@foundation.sk> on 2009/02/04 10:32:26 UTC

References to workspace in DavResourceLocator

Hello,

I am trying to use WebDAV component of Jackrabbit to build custom WebDAV
server on top of our application. I am in very early stages of looking
into Jackrabbit, and still confused :-)

I don't understand, why are there references to Workspace concept in
DavResourceLocator interface. If I am right, this is JCR-specific
concept, not one from WebDav. Is that true?

There are few more methods in DavResourceLocator inteface, which are not
used inside webdav component at all. In my opinion removing them (moving
to other interfaces in appropriate components) would make understanding
of interfaces in WebDav component simpler (for me at least :-)),
although there are obvious API compatibility issues in doing so. What do
you think?

--
Peter Stibrany

Re: References to workspace in DavResourceLocator

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@day.com>.
hi peter

> If I am right, this is JCR-specific
> concept, not one from WebDav. Is that true?

it definitely originates from the requirement to expose a
jcr repository over webdav.

> There are few more methods in DavResourceLocator inteface, which are not
> used inside webdav component at all. In my opinion removing them (moving
> to other interfaces in appropriate components) would make understanding
> of interfaces in WebDav component simpler (for me at least :-)),
> although there are obvious API compatibility issues in doing so. What do
> you think?

the fact that they are not used within the webdav component isn't
of too much relevance, because the webdav component doesn't
include the implementations. it merely acts as library.

kind regards
angela