Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Grant Henke <gh...@cloudera.com> on 2016/04/04 06:41:21 UTC

Kafka Mailing List Filters

The Kafka development mailing list can be a lot to keep up with. To cope, I
have created a few filters to separate the most important communication
from the noise. I have found using just a few filters help a lot. Below are
my most reliable Gmail filters (they should be able to map to other email
clients too):

*Kafka Builds:*
Matches: from:(jenkins@builds.apache.org) list:"dev.kafka.apache.org"
Do this: Skip Inbox, Mark as read, Apply label "Kafka/Kafka Builds"

*Kafka Pull Requests:*
Matches: from:(git@git.apache.org) list:"dev.kafka.apache.org"
Do this: Skip Inbox, Apply label "Kafka/Kafka Pull Requests"

*Kafka Jiras:*
Matches: from:(jira@apache.org) list:"dev.kafka.apache.org"
Do this: Skip Inbox, Apply label "Kafka/Kafka Jira"

*Kafka Dev*: Now this is just the discussions. No builds, pull requests, or
jiras
Matches: from:(!jenkins@builds.apache.org AND !git@git.apache.org AND !
jira@apache.org) list:"dev.kafka.apache.org"
Do this: Skip Inbox, Apply label "Kafka/Kafka Dev"

*Kafka User:*
Matches: list:"users.kafka.apache.org"
Do this: Skip Inbox, Apply label "Kafka/Kafka Users"

*Kafka Commits:*
Matches: list:"commits.kafka.apache.org"
Do this: Skip Inbox, Apply label "Kafka/Kafka Commits"

If you have any other filters or strategies to keep up, please don't
hesitate to share.

Thanks,
Grant

P.S. I also use Gitify to see/track Github notifications http://gitify.io/
--
Grant Henke
Software Engineer | Cloudera

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@confluent.io>.
This is super helpful. Thanks Grant!

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 8:47 PM, James Cheng <jc...@tivo.com> wrote:

> Thanks Grant! These are awesome! I can actually see stuff now! :)
>
> -James
>
> > On Apr 3, 2016, at 9:41 PM, Grant Henke <gh...@cloudera.com> wrote:
> >
> > The Kafka development mailing list can be a lot to keep up with. To
> cope, I
> > have created a few filters to separate the most important communication
> > from the noise. I have found using just a few filters help a lot. Below
> are
> > my most reliable Gmail filters (they should be able to map to other email
> > clients too):
> >

> > *Kafka Builds:*
> > Matches: from:(jenkins@builds.apache.org) list:"dev.kafka.apache.org"
> > Do this: Skip Inbox, Mark as read, Apply label "Kafka/Kafka Builds"
> >
> > *Kafka Pull Requests:*
> > Matches: from:(git@git.apache.org) list:"dev.kafka.apache.org"
> > Do this: Skip Inbox, Apply label "Kafka/Kafka Pull Requests"
> >
> > *Kafka Jiras:*
> > Matches: from:(jira@apache.org) list:"dev.kafka.apache.org"
> > Do this: Skip Inbox, Apply label "Kafka/Kafka Jira"
> >
> > *Kafka Dev*: Now this is just the discussions. No builds, pull requests,
> or
> > jiras
> > Matches: from:(!jenkins@builds.apache.org AND !git@git.apache.org AND !
> > jira@apache.org) list:"dev.kafka.apache.org"
> > Do this: Skip Inbox, Apply label "Kafka/Kafka Dev"
> >
> > *Kafka User:*
> > Matches: list:"users.kafka.apache.org"
> > Do this: Skip Inbox, Apply label "Kafka/Kafka Users"
> >
> > *Kafka Commits:*
> > Matches: list:"commits.kafka.apache.org"
> > Do this: Skip Inbox, Apply label "Kafka/Kafka Commits"
> >

> > If you have any other filters or strategies to keep up, please don't
> > hesitate to share.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Grant
> >
> > P.S. I also use Gitify to see/track Github notifications
> http://gitify.io/
> > --
> > Grant Henke
> > Software Engineer | Cloudera
> > grant@cloudera.com | twitter.com/gchenke | linkedin.com/in/granthenke
>

> ________________________________
>
> This email and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged
> material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying,
> or distribution of this email (or any attachments) by others is prohibited.
> If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender
> immediately and permanently delete this email and any attachments. No
> employee or agent of TiVo Inc. is authorized to conclude any binding
> agreement on behalf of TiVo Inc. by email. Binding agreements with TiVo
> Inc. may only be made by a signed written agreement.

Neha

Posted by James Cheng <jc...@tivo.com>.