Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Martijn Kruithof <jk...@apache.org> on 2006/04/21 23:38:00 UTC

[Vote] Removal of deprecated classes since ant 1.2.x or earlier

Hello,

Do you agree the classes marked as deprecated in ant 1.2.x or earlier to
be removed?

The following classes have already been deprecated since ant 1.2.x:

Copydir
Copyfile
Deltree
Exec
Jikes
JikesOutputParser
KeySubst
Rename
TaskOutputStream

Please vote

[ ] Yes

[ ] No

I consider this a code change, requiring  lazy approval and then lazy
consensus from the active committers.

Martijn

Re: [Vote] Removal of deprecated classes since ant 1.2.x or earlier

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Martijn Kruithof wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Do you agree the classes marked as deprecated in ant 1.2.x or earlier
> to be removed?
>
> The following classes have already been deprecated since ant 1.2.x:
>
> Copydir
> Copyfile
> Deltree
> Exec
> Jikes
> JikesOutputParser
> KeySubst
> Rename
> TaskOutputStream
>
> Please vote
>
> [ ] Yes
> [ ] No
>
> I consider this a code change, requiring  lazy approval and then lazy
> consensus from the active committers.
>
> Martijn

:-)

[ x] Yes
[ ] No

Regards,

Antoine

Re: [Vote] Removal of deprecated classes since ant 1.2.x or earlier

Posted by Martijn Kruithof <jm...@kruithof.xs4all.nl>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Martijn Kruithof <jk...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>>The following classes have already been deprecated since ant 1.2.x:
>>
>>Copydir
>>Copyfile
>>Deltree
>>

>is still faster than delete in some cases.
>

>>Exec
>>Jikes
>>JikesOutputParser
>>KeySubst
>>Rename
>>

>is still a better choice than move in some situations.
>

>>TaskOutputStream
>>
>>Please vote
>>

>[ ] Yes
>
>[X] No
>
>Stefan

I consider this vote as failed, and will leave these tasks in.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Martijn Kruithof <jk...@apache.org> wrote:

> The following classes have already been deprecated since ant 1.2.x:
>
> Copydir
> Copyfile
> Deltree

is still faster than delete in some cases.

> Exec
> Jikes
> JikesOutputParser
> KeySubst
> Rename

is still a better choice than move in some situations.

> TaskOutputStream
>
> Please vote

[ ] Yes

[X] No

Stefan

Re: [Vote] Removal of deprecated classes since ant 1.2.x or earlier

Posted by Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com>.
On 4/22/06, Martijn Kruithof <jk...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Do you agree the classes marked as deprecated in ant 1.2.x or earlier to
> be removed?
>
> The following classes have already been deprecated since ant 1.2.x:
>
> Copydir
> Copyfile
> Deltree
> Exec
> Jikes
> JikesOutputParser
> KeySubst
> Rename
> TaskOutputStream
>
> Please vote
>
> [ X ] Yes
>
> [ ] No

Kev

Re: [Vote] Removal of deprecated classes since ant 1.2.x or earlier

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.
--- Martijn Kruithof <jk...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Do you agree the classes marked as deprecated in ant
> 1.2.x or earlier to
> be removed?
>
> The following classes have already been deprecated
> since ant 1.2.x:
>
> Copydir
> Copyfile
> Deltree