Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Dieter <di...@googlemail.com> on 2011/05/20 17:41:45 UTC

there is the Java AWT Font object which is created when one reads in a
ttf-font file. Is Batik using this facility internally or is it using
a completely separate facility?

Further, Batik allows the conversion of of ttf-fonts to SVG. I was
wondering if Batik allows reading in those SVG-fonts and create a Java
AWT Font object this way?

In summary, I would like to read in fonts (ttf or svg format) and
create a Font object I can then use to do various graphics operations
(like painting). I don't want to use however the Java AWT Font loading
mechanism which has a lot of native ties. Is there a non-native way to
load fonts?

Cheers,
Dieter