Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> on 2001/01/22 21:01:31 UTC

[VOTE] PMC Chair Nominations

This is for PMC members to discuss only. All PMC members are encouraged to
participate. If you don't participate now, then don't get pissed later at
the result.

The discussion is to finish off the nominations and appointment of the new
PMC chairperson.

It was stated in the meeting minutes that the discussion of this would
happen on the PMC mailing list ("We will defer the actual election to the
PMC mailing list."), but in the interest of being open I am going to have
the discussion happen here.

According to the minutes, we have the following nominations:

     Jon nominated Sam.
     James nominated Craig.

Do we have any further nominations (from members of the PMC only please)
before we start voting?

The nominations process will end exactly 24 hours from the sent date of this
email (I'm making that up but the point being that this was already a topic
at the PMC meeting and you should have answered then and there is no reason
to keep this going forever <smile>).

thanks,

-jon

Re: [VOTE] PMC Chair ELECTION!

Posted by Hans Bergsten <ha...@gefionsoftware.com>.
Jon Stevens wrote:

> Yep.
>
> I'm about an hour early...but no one bothered to respond to this email and I
> have seen pretty much everyone from the PMC post to this list in the last 24
> hours (except Pier...which is just fine since I know him...) so I guess
> there isn't any other nominations. Therefore, the PMC members (not the
> public) are now REQUIRED to vote on who will be the new PMC Chair.
>
> The choices are simple:
>
> [X]  Sam
> [ ]  Craig
> [ ]  Abstain
>
> [...]

Hans
--
Hans Bergsten		hans@gefionsoftware.com
Author of JavaServer Pages (O'Reilly), http://TheJSPBook.com

Re: [VOTE] PMC Chair ELECTION!

Posted by Anil Vijendran <An...@eng.sun.com>.

--
Peace, Anil +<:-)

Re: [VOTE] PMC Chair ELECTION!

Posted by James Duncan Davidson <du...@x180.net>.
On 1/23/01 11:26 AM, "Jon Stevens" <jo...@latchkey.com> wrote:

> The choices are simple:
>

> [ ]  Sam
> [X]  Craig
> [ ]  Abstain

                                                                  !try; do()

Re: [VOTE] PMC Chair ELECTION!

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
The message was sent at 12:24 pm yesterday, so I believe I still have
another 51 minutes to cast my vote...

Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> wrote:

> Yep.
>
> I'm about an hour early...but no one bothered to respond to this email and I
> have seen pretty much everyone from the PMC post to this list in the last 24
> hours (except Pier...which is just fine since I know him...) so I guess
> there isn't any other nominations. Therefore, the PMC members (not the
> public) are now REQUIRED to vote on who will be the new PMC Chair.
>
> The choices are simple:
>

> --> [X]  Sam
>     [ ]  Craig
>     [ ]  Abstain
>

> Put an X in the box and don't ask me to count chads. Voting ends in another
> 24 hours and there will be no recounts allowed. :-) This isn't florida...my
> god...how long are these jokes going to go for? :-)
>
> p.s. Since I nominated Sam, you can see where my vote already goes.

Here we go... And a little bit of explanation on why the vote goes to him:
It's really hard to choose between such exquisite candidates (way different
from the Bush-Gore dispute), and by tendency I would have voted for Craig,
since I know him better and from a longer time....

But, first of all he's my boss (and since it's review time @ Sun, I wouldn't
see this as a way to bribe him: nobody on the PMC will ever do it, since
they know me, but it's better this way IMVHO).

Second, I WANT TO SEE MORE IBMers involved in Jakarta, while Sun's
involvement is already massive :) :) :)

Third and last, I want Tomcat 4.0 badly and fast, and I believe I'm doing a
favor to the community if Craig doesn't have to handle also the PMC chair.

So, here we go, my vote is casted (45 minutes before the deadline).

Jon, thank you for reminding me to do it :)

    Pier

--
Pier Fumagalli                                 <ma...@betaversion.org>

[VOTE] PMC Chair ELECTION!