Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jim Goodwin <JG...@affinnova.com> on 2001/04/30 18:31:14 UTC

Reading in the SVG DOM

Hello all,

I need a pure Java library to read SVG files into the SVG DOM.
I assumed that function was buried in Batik somewhere, but I
am new to Batik (and SVG for that matter) and haven't found it.

I thought the answer would be something like this:

    SAXSVGDocumentFactory fact = new SAXSVGDocumentFactory("foobar");
    Document document = fact.createDocument("C:/SVGExamples/Foo.svg");

The problem is, how do I get a legal value for foobar? I can't find any
instantiatable
class to use there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jim Goodwin