Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Elliotte Rusty Harold <el...@ibiblio.org> on 2021/01/01 15:15:53 UTC

Re: Build windows-jdk15

And the next run everything passed without any code changes:

https://ci-builds.apache.org/blue/organizations/jenkins/Maven%2Fmaven-box%2Fmaven-dependency-plugin/detail/null/3/pipeline

On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 6:04 PM Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org> wrote:

> Have you tried https://ci-builds.apache.org/blue/organizations/jenkins/Maven%2Fmaven-box%2Fmaven-dependency-plugin/detail/null/2/pipeline ?
> It shows the output of the failing IT. It expects verbose information, but it is missing.
>

> Robert
> On 31-12-2020 13:29:54, Elliotte Rusty Harold <el...@ibiblio.org> wrote:
> I'm not sure we're looking at the same thing.
> https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Maven/job/maven-box/job/maven-dependency-plugin/job/null/
> shows three runs of the same most recently committed code. The first
> two failed flakily on different instances and passed on all other
> instances. The third passed on all instances. Master is also passing
> and has been for the last few days/commits.Where are you seeing a
> failure?
>
> On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 12:13 PM Robert Scholte wrote:
> >
> > Looks like the IT for is failing MDEP-644[1].
> > Elliotte, you closed this one, but I'm missing some important information in this ticket: a link to the commit.
> > Now it is hard to figure out if there's a SNAPSHOT issue in play.
> > You see these kind of failures if branches of a SNAPSHOT dependency use the same version.
> > This would be my first guess.
> > But the failure is correct and is most likely unrelated to INFRA, but an issue with either the POM or the IT.
> >
> > Robert
> >

> > [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MDEP-644
> > On 31-12-2020 12:48:26, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > As long as we have windows builds and jdk15+ builds I guess one can reduce the flaky combinations but it would still be interesting to see what’s the problem is, in the pipeline steps view you see the failed step
> >
> > https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Maven/job/maven-box/job/maven-dependency-plugin/job/null/2/flowGraphTable/
> >
> > And it’s console log
> >
> > https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Maven/job/maven-box/job/maven-dependency-plugin/job/null/2/execution/node/315/log/
> >
> > I complains about a unexpected dependency tree (this does not really look platform-version specific, maybe more a repository issue?)
> >
> > Gruss
> > Bernd
> > --
> > http://bernd.eckenfels.net
> > ________________________________

Elliotte Rusty Harold
elharo@ibiblio.org

Re: Build windows-jdk15

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
INFRA made some changes and so far Windows + JDK15 looks stable again.

The new issue might be Linux + Java 16-ea
On 6-1-2021 09:44:19, Benjamin Marwell <bm...@apache.org> wrote:
If this happens again,
Please add it to the ticket as requested by infra. Link below.

Thanks
- Ben

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-21244?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=17259498#comment-17259498

Re: Build windows-jdk15