Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Jeff Eastman <je...@windwardsolutions.com> on 2012/07/10 16:56:51 UTC

[REPORT] Apache Mahout - July 2012

=== Apache Mahout Status Report: July 2012 ===

Apache Mahout provides implementations of machine learning algorithms
(collaborative filtering, clustering, classification, and more) for
large-scale data, mostly via Hadoop-based implementations.

ISSUES

There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

CURRENT ACTIVITY

Activity has remained high during the past 3 months. We completed our
0.7 release on June 16th that closed 63 JIRA issues.

Now we are embarked upon a new 0.8 release. A goal of 0.8
is to continue clean up of existing functionality to improve
consistency and improve user experience. In this release, some
new additions to Mahout functionality are also planned.

Code freeze for 0.8 is targeted for Nov 15.

A 1.0 release is not yet on the horizon.

COMMUNITY

We have no new committers since our April report: