Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Ingolf Steinbach <in...@jena-optronik.de> on 2002/07/11 17:35:42 UTC

Override a DOCTYPE specified in a document (SAX2)

Hi,

is it possible with the SAX2 API to override the DTD URI
specified in the document?

Our problem is as follows:
1) Our software is installed along with a DTD describing
   the format of the documents our software is able to
   handle.
2) This DTD is transmitted to a third party which generates
   documents.
3) These documents serve as input for our software.
4) However, they might reference DTD files which differ
   from the original one.
5) Our software should ignore the DTD referenced in the
   input documents and instead validate the input documents
   against *our* DTD.

Is this possible?

Kind regards

    Ingolf
--

Ingolf Steinbach                       Jena-Optronik GmbH
ingolf.steinbach@jena-optronik.de       ++49 3641 200-147

Re: Override a DOCTYPE specified in a document (SAX2)

Posted by Ingolf Steinbach <in...@jena-optronik.de>.
* Evert Haasdijk <ev...@zukkespijkers.nl> [2002-07-12 09:49]:
> you need to define your own EntityResolver that returns an inputstream with
> your own DTD.

Evert,

this was exactly what I was searching for. Thank you.

Kind regards
    Ingolf

Posted by Evert Haasdijk <ev...@zukkespijkers.nl>.
Ingolf,

There was a discussion on this topic a while back...can't find the mail
archive right now, but search for it there. What it boils down to is that
you need to define your own EntityResolver that returns an inputstream with
your own DTD.
Sorry if this is a bit sketchy, but I haven't got most of my documentation
on me right now.

Ta, Evert