Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by ra...@sonynetservices.com on 2002/06/07 11:24:32 UTC

error compiling cvs snapshots

Hi all

I downloaded the cvs snapshots from the website (I dont have cvs access due
to firewalls), and try to compile it with jdk1.3.1 and/or jdk1.4.0
with both jdks I get LOTS of errors when I try to compile.

<snip>
     [echo] Compiling with Java 1.3, debug on, optimize off, deprecation
off
    [javac] Compiling 633 source files to C:
\java\xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\class
es
    [javac] C:
\java\xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\src\org\apache\cocoon\components\la
nguage\programming\java\Jikes.java:68: cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class AbstractJavaCompiler
    [javac] location: class
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.ja
va.Jikes
    [javac] public class Jikes extends AbstractJavaCompiler {
    [javac]                            ^
    [javac] C:
\java\xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\src\org\apache\cocoon\components\la
nguage\programming\java\Javac.java:71: cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class AbstractJavaCompiler
    [javac] location: class
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.ja
va.Javac
    [javac] public class Javac extends AbstractJavaCompiler {
    [javac]                            ^
    [javac] C:
\java\xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\src\org\apache\cocoon\components\la
nguage\programming\java\JavaLanguage.java:64: cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class CompiledProgrammingLanguage
    [javac] location: package programming
    [javac] import
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.CompiledPro
grammingLanguage;
    [javac]                                                          ^
    [javac] C:
\java\xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\src\org\apache\cocoon\components\la
nguage\programming\java\JavaLanguage.java:80: cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class CompiledProgrammingLanguage
    [javac] location: class
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.ja
va.JavaLanguage
    [javac] public class JavaLanguage extends CompiledProgrammingLanguage
    [javac]                                   ^
    [javac] C:
\java\xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\src\org\apache\cocoon\components\tr
eeprocessor\sitemap\ActNodeBuilder.java:58: cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class AbstractParentProcessingNodeBuilder
    [javac] location: package treeprocessor
</snip>

can anybody help me there?

regards

RE: error compiling cvs snapshots

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
I just tried the xml-cocoon2_20020606162048.tar.gz snapshot and
it works. I see from your message "Compiling 633 source", I have
744 classes, so it seems that your snapshot is not complete?

You could have a little bit less than 744 but not too much.

Carsten

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Hi Rainer,

which snapshot did you try?