Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Mark Mueller <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2003/01/09 05:43:31 UTC

Can the client capture the raw SOAP response?

I'm trying to learn SOAP and Axis and have spent a day
trying to get a simple client to work. The service
takes a search string and the number of responses to
return, and returns an array of MP3 URLs in the form
of TMP3Result objects.  I kept getting this error:

An Axis Fault occurred: org.xml.sax.SAXException: No
deserializer defined for array type
{urn:RegMp3Class}MP3Result

I finally realized that the local name is wrong -- it
should be TMP3Result per the wsdl.  I was finally able
to make it work by using registerTypeMapping() to map
the bad name to the right class.

Now I want to verify that the service is sending the
wrong name, but I can't figure out how to capture the
raw SOAP response.  The return value of invoke() is
always an Object.  How can the client capture the raw
response?

   Mark

http://mailplus.yahoo.com