Posted to user@knox.apache.org by Rajat Goel <ra...@guavus.com> on 2019/01/31 16:37:58 UTC

Support for Azure AD (KIP-11)

Hi,

I have a use case where I want to authenticate my Ambari, Ranger and other Knox integrable services via Azure AD. Can someone please provide details on when this feature https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KNOX/KIP-11+Cloud+Usecases will be available in Knox?

Thanks & Regards,
Rajat

Re: Support for Azure AD (KIP-11)

Posted by Rajat Goel <ra...@guavus.com>.
Thanks Sandeep. Any plan on when UC-2 will be implemented and available ?

Regards,
Rajat

From: Sandeep Moré <mo...@gmail.com>
Date: Friday, 1 February 2019 at 10:01 AM
To: "user@knox.apache.org" <us...@knox.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Support for Azure AD (KIP-11)

Hello Rajat,

I don't think UC-2 is not implemented in Knox yet, but looking at the topology example in UC-2 I think once it is implemented Open ID Connect should work.

Best,
Sandeep

On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 12:04 PM Rajat Goel <ra...@guavus.com>> wrote:
Thanks Sandeep. Will the functionality UC-2 in the link below also work with Open ID Connect i.e. exchange of one type of token with another to access cloud specific services ?

Regards,
Rajat

From: Sandeep Moré <mo...@gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, 31 January 2019 at 5:44 PM
To: "user@knox.apache.org<ma...@knox.apache.org>" <us...@knox.apache.org>>

Hello Rajat,

Currently you can authenticate using Azure AD OpenID Connect.

Best,
Sandeep

Posted by Sandeep Moré <mo...@gmail.com>.
Hello Rajat,