Posted to user@arrow.apache.org by David Lahn <da...@forwardpmx.com> on 2021/04/12 20:08:29 UTC

Installing Apache Arrow Amazon Linux 2

Hi,

The instructions here seem to be failing now:
https://arrow.apache.org/install/

Specifically, installing Arrow from Bintray

bash-4.2# yum install -y https://apache.bintray.com/arrow/centos/7/apache-arrow-release-latest.rpm
Loaded plugins: ovl, priorities
Cannot open: https://apache.bintray.com/arrow/centos/7/apache-arrow-release-latest.rpm. Skipping.
Error: Nothing to do

Has this moved somewhere else?

Best regards,
Dave

David Lahn
DevOps Lead
Development

ForwardPMX
Privacy Policy

This e-mail is confidential to ForwardPMX intended for use by the recipient. If you received this in error or are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information is strictly prohibited.

Re: Installing Apache Arrow Amazon Linux 2

Posted by Sutou Kouhei <ko...@clear-code.com>.
Hi,

This will be fixed tomorrow.
We're using Bintray to distribute our Amazon Linux 2
packages but Bintray will shut down soon:

https://jfrog.com/blog/into-the-sunset-bintray-jcenter-gocenter-and-chartcenter/

Today (2021-04-12) is a known Bintray down day:

> April 12th, 26th, 2021
>
> We will have some short service brown-outs to remind users
> about the services that are going away on May
> 1st. (Specific hours will be advertised in the Bintray
> status page.)

We'll use Artifactory instead of Bintray since 4.0.0 but
it's not ready yet:

  https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r9200fed3fa812f8c7de07a2500425f258db3231baa8e05f288175e4a%40%3Cbuilds.apache.org%3E

I have a mirror for our packages on Bintray: packages.groonga.org

You can use the mirror temporary by installing
groonga-release-latest instead of
apache-arrow-release-latest in
https://arrow.apache.org/install/ :

  sudo yum install -y https://packages.groonga.org/centos/7/groonga-release-latest.noarch.rpm

Note: It's recommended that you use the official package
repository provided by Apache Arrow. The mirror is a
temporary workaround.

kou

In <2D...@forwardpmx.com>