Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Ciramella, EJ" <EC...@emptoris.com> on 2004/02/04 22:16:37 UTC

Building FileSets...

Is there a clever way to build up a fileset that contains just a list of
files that have changed?  I'm using iajc (Aspectj) to do some compiling and
it seems to do the entire tree each time (even if one file has changed).
With their incremental setting set to "true", it just sits there (doesn't
return) and waits for user input (pushing the R key).

If I could build a fileset of just the files that have changed (using glob
mapper), I'd be golden...

Re: Building FileSets...

Posted by Antoine Lévy-Lambert <an...@antbuild.com>.
Ciramella, EJ wrote:

>Is there a clever way to build up a fileset that contains just a list of
>files that have changed?  I'm using iajc (Aspectj) to do some compiling and
>it seems to do the entire tree each time (even if one file has changed).
>With their incremental setting set to "true", it just sits there (doesn't
>return) and waits for user input (pushing the R key).
>
>If I could build a fileset of just the files that have changed (using glob
>mapper), I'd be golden...

Hi,

you should have a look at selectors, particularly in ant 1.6.
The ModifiedSelector for instance can do what you want,  or the date
selector simply.

Antoine