Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jae Joo <ja...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/10 20:36:18 UTC

Solr 1.2 and 1.3 - different Stamming

I have found that the stamming in solr 1.2 and 1.3 is different for
"communication". We have index built in Solr 1.2 and the index is being
queried by 1.3. Is there any way to adjust it?

Jae joo

Re: Solr 1.2 and 1.3 - different Stamming

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
Sorry. From the CHANGES for 1.3:
{quote}
The Porter snowball based stemmers in Lucene were updated (LUCENE-1142),
and are not guaranteed to be backward compatible at the index level
(the stem of certain words may have changed).  Re-indexing is recommended.
{/quote}

Would have been nice to leave a back compat out, but I didn't see the
discussion around that, so I'm sure they did their best given the facts.

Be careful about reading the CHANGES file before upgrading Solr is my best
advice.

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com