Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Muhammad Yaseen <ya...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/31 06:59:00 UTC

Flume HTTP Source Handler Request size limit

Hello,

I am using an http source for my Flume agent and would like to know if
there a size limit (explicit or implicit) on POST request body/data
(content length) for Flume's HTTP Source ?

I have a handler which is throwing* "MalformedJsonException: Unterminated
string at line 1 column 966657*" (number varies) . I know for a fact that
the JSON is correct, for some reason the Handler is dropping the POST body.
This leads to *"HTTPBadRequestException: Request has invalid JSON Syntax."*

The source receives a huge request with an array of JSON objects as events
(10000-30000 events per request body).
This problem occurs when the content length ( request.getContentLength() )
is large e.g. 2142675 but works fine when the length is smaller, e.g. 38320.

Has anyone experienced this ?

I am interested in the reason causing this problem.

Regards,
Muhammad Yaseen

Re: Flume HTTP Source Handler Request size limit

Posted by Muhammad Yaseen <ya...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will take a look at Blob Handler.

Posted by Muhammad Yaseen <ya...@gmail.com>.
Hi,