Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alban Soupper <as...@eim.ch> on 2003/05/09 12:10:44 UTC

Not reuse a specific tag

Hi all,

I have a problem a problem with some custom tags,
it looks like this:
<own:list ...>
	<own:data ..>
		<own:column ..../>
		<own:column ..../>
		<own:column ..../>
	</own:data>
</own:list>

In this case I register the column tag in it's parent so that in the
doEndTag of the
data tag I can work with the information stored in the column tags.

Currently the TagHandlerPool reuse the same instance of my column tag.
So the problem is that I have (in my data tag) 3 references on the same
column tag,
because the TagHandlerPool reuse the column tag.

Is there a way to specify that the ColumnTag must not be reuse by the
TagHandlerPool?
I should also use the "reuse" functionality on the other tags (struts tags
for ex)?

Thanks by advance,
	Alban.

the system manager to postmaster@eim.ch

Re: Not reuse a specific tag

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
See $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/web.xml --> enablePooling=false for the jsp servlet
declaration.

Reuse is all or nothing.

-Tim