Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Larry White <lj...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/03 03:47:54 UTC

a newbie question: executing java in Zeppelin notebook

Hi,

I'm trying to get up and running with Zeppelin on OS X (no yarn) and would
like to execute Java code in the notebook. Is there any documentation on
how to do this you could point me to? I couldn't find any information via
Google or stack overflow.

If I can get past that hurdle, I'm guessing the next one will be how to
make my own java libraries available in the Java interpreter.

Thanks much.

Larry

Re: a newbie question: executing java in Zeppelin notebook

Posted by anish singh <an...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

For running any code inside zeppelin, there are various backend
systems(Spark, Flink, etc.) that are available as interpreters. The default
binding for any notebook is the spark interpreter(%spark), so one can
directly run scala code in any paragraph. You can load the external
libraries in the spark interpreter through the options available at [0] and
then use them in the scala code.

[0].
https://zeppelin.apache.org/docs/0.6.0-SNAPSHOT/interpreter/spark.html#dependency-management

Thanks,