Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Uli Mayring <ul...@denic.de> on 2000/09/01 00:11:46 UTC

Re: fo images (was RE: display-graphic)

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Torsten Curdt wrote:

> Right now I'm using fop 0.12.1 which
> came with cocoon 1.7.5. I've tried
> to upgrade to fop 0.14 but that
> gave some exceptions.

It worked for me with fop0.13.0, although I can't really recommend it, it
blows up the PDF like a balloon ;-)

Check your logfiles, too, the first few times I tried to include an image
fop didn't find them or couldn't read them (permissions!). The error
messages in the logfile will tell you what's wrong.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Softwareentwicklung

Re: fo images (was RE: display-graphic)

Posted by Eric SCHAEFFER <es...@posterconseil.com>.
No, FOP needs to be modified.

I wrote parts of the fop.image package, and the
org.apache.fop.image.FopImageFactory class could be able to handle relative
URLs (just need to give it the base URL, and that's Cocoon that can do it).
The problem is what is the base URL ? And FOP can be used in stand-alone
mode...

Eric.

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.
> FOP needs to know what's the 'base' URL used by the relative one given in
> the FO file...

Can you give an example?
--
Torsten

Re: fo images (was RE: display-graphic)

Posted by Eric SCHAEFFER <es...@posterconseil.com>.

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.
> <fo:inline-graphic href="{$logo}" height="2.25cm" width="4cm"/>
> If you still need fop0.13.0, write me in private.

After I got fop 0.13.0 (thanks uli ;-) it works now!! YES!
I see have an image in my pdf!

Unfortunately I had use the full URL to the picture!
(needed to specify http://hostname) Isn't there any
other way like using a relative path?

Cheers
--
Torsten

Re: fo images (was RE: display-graphic)

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
Torsten Curdt wrote:

> > It worked for me with fop0.13.0, although I can't really recommend it, it
> > blows up the PDF like a balloon ;-)
>
> Well, need it for a little logo... just a small balloon ;-)

Error: Small logo ==> Large balloon.

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.
> > Right now I'm using fop 0.12.1 which
> > came with cocoon 1.7.5. I've tried
> > to upgrade to fop 0.14 but that
> > gave some exceptions.
>
> It worked for me with fop0.13.0, although I can't really recommend it, it
> blows up the PDF like a balloon ;-)

Well, need it for a little logo... just a small balloon ;-)

> Check your logfiles, too, the first few times I tried to include an image
> fop didn't find them or couldn't read them (permissions!). The error
> messages in the logfile will tell you what's wrong.

What are you using... display-graphic or inline-graphic?

Has anyone managed to use fop 0.14 with cocoon?
(If not - can anyone provide me the fop 0.13 jar?)
--
Torsten