Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Bernard Sirius <be...@yahoo.com> on 2005/02/05 04:31:31 UTC

cocoon.setAttribute in FlowScript broken?

Actually my previous post/problem boils down to this:
session.setAttribute("name",value) has actually no
effect.

I saw some postings on google about this issue...

Is it serious?

bernard

Re: cocoon.setAttribute in FlowScript broken?

Posted by Bernard Sirius <be...@yahoo.com>.
yeah sure, that's what I do.
cocoon.session.setAttribute("name",value) doesn't work
for me.

switching to springframework

Posted by oceatoon <t....@systheo.com>.

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.
Mark Lowe wrote:
>>next few month Javaflow will be marked as stable.
>

> I have no issue with the principle of flowscript. Like so many of the
> "features" thrown in with cocoon without a second thought. This fact
> is that Bernard is up and running in a day using spring, IMHO there
> are lessons to be learned here. I've good a pretty solid background
> developing apps both with and without the various frameworks
> available, but cocoon just has me speechless, there are basic features
> I need to get running and like bernard I'm engaged in a silly trial
> and error cycle that while I'm sure I'll find out what I need this is
> an unacceptable amount of time.

I've been using Cocoon for years and therefore it is difficult for me to
understand what have been your problems *exactly*. Could you give us some
examples what you wanted to do?

                                                  http://www.poetz.cc

Re: cocoon.setAttribute in FlowScript broken?

Posted by Mark Lowe <me...@gmail.com>.
> next few month Javaflow will be marked as stable.

I have no issue with the principle of flowscript. Like so many of the
"features" thrown in with cocoon without a second thought. This fact
is that Bernard is up and running in a day using spring, IMHO there
are lessons to be learned here. I've good a pretty solid background
developing apps both with and without the various frameworks
available, but cocoon just has me speechless, there are basic features
I need to get running and like bernard I'm engaged in a silly trial
and error cycle that while I'm sure I'll find out what I need this is
an unacceptable amount of time.

Mark

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Mark Lowe wrote:
>
>> I've used spring for struts and jsf projects (using spring to wire in
>> daos and so on) and never had any problems that couldn't be solved in
>> a reasonable period of time. I've inherited some crack smokers app
>

> FUD!
>
>> who thought it would be good to use cocoon forms and flow script,
>> personally I don't rate it as a solution there's too much to go wrong.

could you elaborate on this? without giving an explanation this isn't very useful!

--
Reinhard

Re: cocoon.setAttribute in FlowScript broken?

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mark Lowe <me...@gmail.com>.
I've used spring for struts and jsf projects (using spring to wire in
daos and so on) and never had any problems that couldn't be solved in
a reasonable period of time. I've inherited some crack smokers app who
thought it would be good to use cocoon forms and flow script,
personally I don't rate it as a solution there's too much to go wrong.

Regretably I can ditch flowscript and for that matter cocoon, but if I
ever have the choice I'd use spring or perhaps jsf as a view
controller for an xsl based project. I think the fact you up and
running in a day says it all.

Many thanks for you response.

Mark

Posted by Laurent Perez <ha...@gmail.com>.
I'd also be interested in learning how you did use a spring controler
(web layer ?) within cocoon, because I'm trying to replace a few flow
parts from my app with pure spring code.

thanks
laurent

Re: cocoon.setAttribute in FlowScript broken?

Posted by Bernard Sirius <be...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Mark Lowe <me...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bernard..

Posted by Bernard Sirius <be...@yahoo.com>.