Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Pascal Sancho <pa...@takoma.fr> on 2004/07/09 14:05:10 UTC

table spanned over a 2 columns page

Hi,

I've tried to span a table over a 2 columns region-body.
when I write the following code, my table is laid out in the 1st column,
then in the 2nd one:
<fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
  <fo:table span="all">
   </fo:table>
</fo:flow>

But when I try the followsing code, my table is laid out over the 2
columns (that is the expected result)
<fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
  <fo:block span="all">
    <fo:table>
     </fo:table>
  </fo:block>  ...
</fo:flow>

I wonder wether it is a normal behaviour (I've checked the xsl rec, and
I have understood that fo:table should be handled as a fo:block) or not.
In the 2nd case, this should be a bug.

Can anyone confirm that before I submit it?

Cordialement,
Pascal SANCHO

Re: table spanned over a 2 columns page

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Pascal Sancho wrote:

<snip/>

> <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
>   <fo:table span="all">
>    </fo:table>
> </fo:flow>

FOP doesnt support span="all" on fo:table, only on fo:block elements that are
direct descendents of fo:flow.

<snip/>

> I wonder wether it is a normal behaviour (I've checked the xsl rec, and
> I have understood that fo:table should be handled as a fo:block) or not.
> In the 2nd case, this should be a bug.

Why should this be a bug? span="all" works on a block, and you get the result
you want. I dont see the problem?

Chris