Posted to users@maven.apache.org by buzzterrier <te...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/04 21:47:24 UTC

Compile error, cannot find locally installed resource

Hello,

I am new to Maven2 and am trying to get one of our applications building
with it. I want to build myApp, and we have a home grown CoreTools.jar that
is a dependency. The path of least resistance seemed to be to add
CoreTools.jar as as dependency and then install it into my local repository.

		<dependency>
			<groupId>com.foo.core</groupId>
			<artifactId>CoreTools</artifactId>
			<version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
			<scope>compile</scope>
		</dependency>

The Core jar is installed:
C:\Documents and
Settings\buzzterrier\.m2\repository\com\foo\core\CoreTools\1.0-SNAPSHOT\CoreTools-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

However, when I run the compile goal, it cannot resolve the path to it.

----
[DEBUG] CoreTools: using locally installed snapshot
[DEBUG] Trying repository gwt-maven
Downloading:
http://gwt-maven.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/mavenrepo//com/foo/core/CoreTools/1.0-SNAPSHOT/CoreTools-1.0-SNAPSHOT.pom
[DEBUG] Unable to get resource 'com.foo.core:CoreTools:pom:1.0-SNAPSHOT'
from repository gwt-maven
(http://gwt-maven.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/mavenrepo/)
[DEBUG] Skipping disabled repository central
[DEBUG] Artifact not found - using stub model: Unable to download the
artifact from any repository

  com.foo.core:CoreTools:pom:1.0-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  gwt-maven (http://gwt-maven.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/mavenrepo/)

[DEBUG] Using defaults for missing POM
com.foo.core:CoreTools:pom:1.0-SNAPSHOT:compile
[DEBUG]   com.foo.core:CoreTools:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT:compile (selected for
compile)

   [ERROR] Errors in
'C:\gwt-apps\myApp\src\main\java\com\foo\ComposeAction.java'
      [ERROR] Line 19:  The import com.foo.core.Action cannot be resolved
      [ERROR] Line 26:  Action cannot be resolved to a type
----

where com.foo.core.Action resides in CoreTools.jar

If I add Action.java to myApp/src/main/java/com/foo/core then it compiles.

And the classpath from the maven output appears to correctly see the
CoreTools.jar.

Any ideas? I am certain that I am not handling the CoreTools.jar in an
elegant way, but for right now I was just looking to get myApp to compile,
and refactor from there.

Re: Compile error, cannot find locally installed resource

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
No.

Wayne

Posted by Karthik Krishnan <kr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Karthik Krishnan <kr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by buzzterrier <te...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Wayne,

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by buzzterrier <te...@gmail.com>.
Yep.

It contains:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><project>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>com.foo.core</groupId>
  <artifactId>CoreTools</artifactId>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <description>POM was created from install:install-file</description>
</project>

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
In the same folder as the jar you should see
CoreTools-1.0-SNAPSHOT.pom

M-