Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Bill Gudgeon <we...@st-andrews.ac.uk> on 2010/02/18 13:47:03 UTC

[users@httpd] Disable QOS driver on Win 2008

Hi,

Very new to Apache, just starting to look at it today actually.
Have downloaded 2.2.14 and installed to a freshly installed Windows 2008
Standard server.
All OK thus far. "It works" message came up.

I noted in the documentation the suggestion to disable the QOS network
driver but am unsure where to do this.
I have googled it and seen various suggestions about Group Policy
settings or disabling the QOS service, but I don't seem to have a
service with any name relating to QOS.

Is it just a case of unchecking the QOS Packet Scheduler item in the LAN
connection properties dialog.

Thanks

Bill

Re: [users@httpd] Disable QOS driver on Win 2008

Posted by Jonathan Zuckerman <j....@gmail.com>.
MY ADVICE IS TO STOP-USING WINDOWS HWAA
</top-posting></retarded>

In seriousness, after a brief google search it seems that QoS is something
that windows networks use to prioritize packet delivery, I can see why this
might have deleterious effects on a web-server.  I found these instructions
for disabling it:
http://forums.techarena.in/networking-security/1231039.htm