Posted to users@jena.apache.org by tasos martidis <ma...@yahoo.gr> on 2013/10/15 11:16:25 UTC

Jena listDomain method

Dear all,

I am working with Jena for a project in my university. I read an ontology into an OntModel and I use Jena methods to retrieve information.

The problemI face is, that when a property has multiple domains, the listDomains method does not return the names of the OntClasses. It returns a result such as : -26ae10e7:141bb413933:-7fbb.

I use SPARQL to query my OntModel and the results are the same. I only guess that this is an anonymous node and the multiple Classes that are domains, are under this "-26ae10e7:141bb413933:-7fbb"?

Can I get the names/URIs of the classes?

I am sorry if this issue is discussed earlier, I searched the archive a bit, but did not find anything similar.

Regards,
Tasos

Σχετ: Σχετ: Jena listDomain method

Posted by tasos martidis <ma...@yahoo.gr>.
You are right, it worked!

Thanks a lot Dave for the fast response and the valuable input.

Regards,
Tasos

________________________________
 Απο: Dave Reynolds <da...@gmail.com>
Προς: users@jena.apache.org
Στάλθηκε: 2:35 μ.μ. Τρίτη, 15 Οκτωβρίου 2013
Θέμα: Re: Σχετ: Jena listDomain method

Unions in OWL are represented as (anonymous) union classes. Since you
are using the OntAPI then you can use OntClass's isUnionClass() to test
for this then use asUnionClass() to get the convenience wrapper from
which you can do things list listOperands().

Dave

Posted by Dave Reynolds <da...@gmail.com>.