Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/15 20:04:43 UTC

[report] Report from the Apache Commons Project

I will file this ASAP. If you feel something should be added, do let me
know.

The Apache Commons project focuses on all aspects of reusable Java
components.

The Apache Commons components are widely used in many projects, both within
Apache and without. Any ASF committer can commit to Apache Commons.

The last report was on December 16 2015.

No issues require board attention at this time.

## Activity:

We had three (3) releases this period (see below).

We are considering adding a new Commons component called Commons Crypto
currently called Chimera (https://github.com/intel-hadoop/chimera). It is
an
optimized cryptographic library. It provides Java API for both cipher level
and
Java stream level to help developers implement high performance AES
encryption/decryption with the minimum code and effort.

## Health report:

 Overall project health is decent to good with 3 releases this period.

 We do not have too much action on the mailing lists but we do see JIRAs
and
 GitHub PRs come regularly in to Commons IO and Commons Lang. These are
 usually addressed in a timely fashion.

## PMC changes:

 - Last PMC addition was Bernd Eckenfels on Sat Nov 21 2015

## Committer base changes:

 - Last committer addition was Loic Guibert at Wed Oct 14 2015

## Releases:

 - JEXL-3.0 was released on Sat Dec 26 2015
 - MATH-3.6 was released on Mon Jan 04 2016
 - WEAVER-1.2 was released on Mon Feb 01 2016

## JIRA activity:

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

AW: [report] Report from the Apache Commons Project

Posted by "Jan Matèrne (jhm)" <ap...@materne.de>.
What about the plan to move [Math] to TLP?

Jan

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by luc <lu...@spaceroots.org>.