Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Storm Gill <st...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2021/02/24 05:26:04 UTC

photo by text ....

Hello.
I want to insert a photo next to text. as is seen .  All efforts separate the text and insert the photo in the middle of it.  I have tried a 2 section table, local columns, inserting a photo after editing format, making a pdf with the photo scanned and trying to transform that to a .doc, and nothing works.
Please, what can I do to have a photo next to my introduction of self on a resume or biography?
Otherwise I love Open Office and loath MS products.

Keep up the good work, and thank you.
Storm Gill

Re: photo by text ....

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
On 2/24/2021 12:26 AM, Storm Gill wrote:
> Hello.
> I want to insert a photo next to text. as is seen .  All efforts separate the text and insert the photo in the middle of it.  I have tried a 2 section table, local columns, inserting a photo after editing format, making a pdf with the photo scanned and trying to transform that to a .doc, and nothing works.
> Please, what can I do to have a photo next to my introduction of self on a resume or biography?
> Otherwise I love Open Office and loath MS products.
>
> Keep up the good work, and thank you.
> Storm Gill

Storm;

Along with Francis's excellent advise, take a look at this Chapter of
the Writer Guide on our wiki.
<https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide/Writer/Page#Frames>

Regards
Keith

Re: photo by text ....

Posted by F Campos Costero <fj...@gmail.com>.
This is not the best place to get user support but I will try to answer
your question. If you still have trouble, please try asking at the user
forum (https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/).

I suggest you try using a frame to hold the image. Place the cursor at the
end of the text line where you want the image to be and select the menu
item Insert -> Frame. On the Type tab, set the width to something
reasonable for the image. I used 2 inches in my test.. Leave the Height  at
AutoSize. In the Position section, set Horizontal to From Left by [your
usable page width minus the image width]. I used 5 inches. Set the Vertical
to Top. On the Wrap tab, choose Before. Click OK and you should have a
frame where you want the image to be. Click outside the frame to deselect
it then click inside of it to place the cursor there. Paste the image, then
right click on it and set Anchor to As Character.

I hope that helps.
Francis