Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2009/05/05 11:33:49 UTC

Re: svn commit: r771596 - in /harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/make: run-test.xml test.properties

In message <94...@mail.gmail.com>, Sean
Qiu writes:

> Do someone else try GIT as well? It's amazing.

I use it for non-harmony stuff.  I've never figured out how to get git to
cope with our "svn switch" federation build so I tend not to use git for
harmony.

> I'm trying to make use of git-svn[1] to maintain a local copy of our
> repository.
> I rechecked that svn:eol-style of the new files was setting correctly

We should probably request an "official" mirror on git.apache.org.

> I was just going to celebrate that git-svn can take case of svn:eol-style
> property.
> I saw you patch, no wonder it worked.... :-(
>
> Curiously, Mark, do you have some automatically scan tool?  :-)

I do run some perl scripts on the commits list message but looking for
other "bad smells" such as junit usage issues, use of indexOf("X")
instead of indexOf('X'), etc.

I just spot these "manually" when I look at the commit message.  Files
in the "Added:" list should have "(with props)" (if they are really new
files rather than copies).

Regards,
-Mark.