Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ashish Srivastava <as...@yahoo.com> on 2012/01/20 09:38:21 UTC

Managing module dependency in Maven parallel build

Hi,
   (I just subscribed to the mailing list so would appreciate if you could reply directly to my email address too)

I am trying out the parallel build feature of Maven 3. My project is divided into multiple modules and one of the module generates a deployable zip file. Another module takes this zip file and runs some deployment and performance tests. This worked with sequential build but with the parallel build the build fails because most of the time the module could not find the zip file because it is picked up before the zip could be created. As the module that generates the zip file does not produce a jar file having a dependency to this module would not work (or so as per my understanding). Is there a way in Maven 3 parallel build that such module dependency can be instructed? Appreciate your help,

-Ashish

Re: Managing module dependency in Maven parallel build

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
add a dependency of type zip and scope test

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com>.
The maven-module creating the zip file (the one with assembly) needs
to have <dependency> on the modules that produce the required jar
files.

Kristian