Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Br...@aol.com on 2004/09/23 01:12:45 UTC

[users@httpd] mod auth pam problem - couldn't check user.  No user file?:

Hello all,

Im trying to get my mod auth pam module to work

my sys admin and i have tried following the instructions from:

http://www.linux.com/howtos/User-Authentication-HOWTO/x316.shtml

but we keep getting the following error (after going over the tutorial 50  million times):

[Wed Sep 22 15:26:30 2004] [crit] [client 137.131.4.168] configuration error:  couldn't check user.  No user file?: /family

where family is the directory that we want to authenticate

help !

thanks

Bryan Berg