Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Roni <ro...@socialarray.com> on 2012/11/19 19:53:30 UTC

Search using the result returned from the spell checking component

Hi,

I've successfully configured the spell check component and it works well.

I couldn't find an answer to my question so any help would be much
appreciated:

Can i send a single request to Solr, and make it so that if any part of the
query was misspelled, than the search would be performed using the first
spell suggestion that returns?

I want to make only one request, e.g. submit a query only once, if that is
possible.

For example: if a user searched for "jaca" than the search would be
performed only once - for "java".

Thanks an advance for any answer or a link to a relevant resource (I
couldn't find any).

Re: Search using the result returned from the spell checking component

Posted by Roni <ro...@socialarray.com>.
And performance-wise: is asking for 0 rows the same as asking for 100 rows?

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roni,

Are you after the behaviour like the one you can see here:
http://search-lucene.com/?q=%22relavance+computation%22 ?

If so, see http://sematext.com/products/dym-researcher/index.html

James - isn't there something in Solr for re-running queries?  Ah, I
remember now, no, it's for checking spelling suggestions against the index.

Otis