Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Etienne Klajnerman <ek...@mail.transiciel.com> on 2005/03/25 18:02:49 UTC

How to prioritize WEB-INF\lib jar files loading order

Hi all,

Is there a possibility to assign to Tomcat class loader priority in the way
it loads the jar in WEB-INF\lib?

My application uses axis.jar in WEB-INF\lib.

However, some classes from axis.jar had had to be rewritten (i.e. Calendar
serializer and deserializer).

I'd like to include them in my application specific jar file, which is also
in WEB-INF\lib.

It appears that Tomcat (4.1) class loader load the jars in an undocumented
and not guaranteed alphabetic order.
Though, I don't want to rely on this hypothetical behaviour.

Thanks for your help

I found a similar thread in the mailing list archive, but it has been closed
3 years ago. I hope someone got a solution in the meantime.

Regards,
ATN.

Re: How to prioritize WEB-INF\lib jar files loading order

Posted by Jason Bainbridge <jb...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 18:02:49 +0100, Etienne Klajnerman
<ek...@mail.transiciel.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there a possibility to assign to Tomcat class loader priority in the way
> it loads the jar in WEB-INF\lib?
>
> My application uses axis.jar in WEB-INF\lib.
>
> However, some classes from axis.jar had had to be rewritten (i.e. Calendar
> serializer and deserializer).

Wouldn't it be a lot easier just to replace the calsses in axis.jar
that were rewritten? Afterall a .jar is just an archive.

Jason Bainbridge
http://kde.org - webmaster@kde.org
Personal Site - http://jasonbainbridge.com

Re: How to prioritize WEB-INF\lib jar files loading order

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
The classes directory has a higher precendence than the jar files.

-Tim