Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Kiran Narasareddy <ki...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/31 04:58:08 UTC

Rules in Axis2 service

Hi,
   I am working on a project involving Drools Rules engine and Axis2. I
want  to expose my rules project as web service.
Can anyone tell me , where do I need to put all the necessary libraries of
Drools??
Do I need to include them in the .aar file, or copy them in axis2 lib folder
??? if not then where...??
Is there any classpath like thing which I need to set for axis2, for my
drools lib to get included?

Thanks in advance....

Kiran Narasareddy
Computers make very fast, very accurate mistakes.

Re: Rules in Axis2 service

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Well, in fact I did a similar implementation few months back [1] and I
think WSO2 is stilling continue working on that. Anyway in you case you
can put all your resources in side your service aar file. If you are
going to use your libraries across multiple services then I would
suggest you to put them into classpath, or for example if you are using
tomcat then drop them into WEB_APPS/axis2/WEB_INF/lib.

[1] :
http://blogs.deepal.org/2008/07/feel-taste-of-rules-with-axis2-rule.html

Thank you!
Deepal

--
Thank you!

http://blogs.deepal.org
http://deepal.org

Re: Rules in Axis2 service

Posted by Kiran Narasareddy <ki...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
    Thanks for the lightning fast reply..
    I had included all the necessary drools jar in the lib folder of axis2.
But the problem is, in my code when I create the PackageBuilder object, it
is returning me null, i.e, m not able to invoke its constructor... donno
why?? M getting a Null Poionter exception at that part.....
Also the same code when I run as simple standalone app, it runs fine....

Kiran Narasareddy
Computers make very fast, very accurate mistakes.

Re: Rules in Axis2 service

Posted by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>.