Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Billy Woods <Bi...@winn-dixie.com> on 2008/07/11 13:43:36 UTC

SVN 1.5 (s390x) for SUSE 10.x

Has anyone be able to find an RPM for SVN 1.5 (s390x) for SUSE 10.x?
My vendor has no interest in getting current (SVN 1.3) and is not
obligated to do so.

Billy Woods

Re: SVN 1.5 (s390x) for SUSE 10.x

Posted by John Peacock <jo...@havurah-software.org>.
Billy Woods wrote:
> Has anyone be able to find an RPM for SVN 1.5 (s390x) for SUSE 10.x?
> My vendor has no interest in getting current (SVN 1.3) and is not
> obligated to do so.

That's kind of harsh; all of the "Enterprise" Operating systems (like
RedHat Enterprise Server and SLES) are designed specifically to be
maintained as stable over long periods of time, and hence have very
conservative upgrade policies.

But that isn't to say that someone else hasn't built RPM's for that
platform.  Check out

	http://software.opensuse.org/search

and choose your O/S (I'm guessing SLES-10).  There isn't a build for the
s390x hardware, but there is a source RPM, so you can probably use that
to build your own RPM's.  Then contribute them back to the community...

John