Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by "Clute, Andrew" <An...@osn.state.oh.us> on 2003/12/12 19:55:00 UTC

RE: [OFF-TOPIC] JAVA JOB QUESTIONs

Depends on where in the country you want to live.

In the Midwest, I usually see (and hire) junior level guys in the 40-55k
range.

If you can find a job on either of the coasts (NYC,SF,Boston) you are
looking at probably another 15% on top of that.

Posted by Gus Heck <gu...@olin.edu>.
Clute, Andrew wrote:

>Depends on where in the country you want to live.
>
>In the Midwest, I usually see (and hire) junior level guys in the 40-55k
>range.
>
>If you can find a job on either of the coasts (NYC,SF,Boston) you are
>looking at probably another 15% on top of that.

But the cost of living is at least 15% higher too unless you commute
over an hour a day. I'm in the lower half of that range and about 50% of
my income (after taxes) goes to rent and utilities. I do get very good
benefits however.