Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by haipeng du <ha...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/02 01:31:40 UTC

tacos partial form

I use tacos partial form to handler ajax. The html likes following:
<form jwcid="@tacos:PartialForm" listener="ognl:listeners.submit"
id="docTypeForm">
   <input type="submit" jwcid="@Submit" label="Search"
                                    tag="Search" selected="ognl:command"/>
</form>
When I click button, form is submitted. But in listener method
submit(IRequestCycle cycle), I can not get command. It is null when I
output getCommand(). If I change form to tapestry Form, I can get the
command filled.
Could somebody have some idea to solve that?
Thanks a lot.
--
Haipeng Du
Software Engineer

Re: tacos partial form

Posted by Norbert Sándor <de...@erinors.com>.
Currently Submit does not correctly cooperate with PartialForm. You can use
LinkSubmit instead.
I will provide a patch for it if noone does it but now I'm nearing deadline
with one of my projects...

If you'd do it: the problem is that partial submit is not a real form
submit, the PartialForm component manually collects the values of the input
fields using javascript.
So the name of the clicked submit button won't be included in the request
parameters (in case of a normal submit the browser would include it after
the click).

The patch is very simple: LinkSubmit should be used with a button renderer.
The only problem is that LinkSubmit does not have a "renderer" parameter
(unlike DirectLink, etc.), so this should be implemented. I would prefer
adding a renderer parameter to Tapestry's LinkSubmit but if it is not
accepted by Tapestry developers then the source code of LinkSubmit should be
copied to Tacos with some modifications as PartialSubmit.

Hope this helps,
Norbi