Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org> on 2012/04/12 10:26:58 UTC

Add BSP example

Hi devs,

My name is Ed, one of Apache Hama[1] project. I'm thinking about
contributing a BSP[2] example that shows how to crunch complex data
e.g., geo-spatial, financial, social networks, web links, etc. using
message-passing techniques to Accumulo project.

What do you think on this idea?

1. http://incubator.apache.org/hama/
2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulk_synchronous_parallel

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon

Re: Add BSP example

Posted by Billie J Rinaldi <bi...@ugov.gov>.
On Thursday, April 12, 2012 11:37:37 AM, "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org> wrote:
> Sure, it'll be helpful to me.
>
> I'm looking at the MR example and
> org.apache.accumulo.client.mapreduce.* classes. It seems I need to add
> BSP input formats to client package first.

Perhaps.  I may be the only person who has extended InputFormatBase before, so I'll be interested to hear how that goes for you.

Billie

Re: Add BSP example

Posted by Billie J Rinaldi <bi...@ugov.gov>.

Re: Add BSP example