Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Nicolas Delsaux <ni...@free.fr> on 2000/11/27 17:05:24 UTC

Javac messages ?

Hi,
When my javac compilation task fails, I've got this strange error message

build.xml:5: Compile failed, messages should have been provided.
Compile failed, messages should have been provided.
 at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.doModernCompile(Javac.java:620)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.execute(Javac.java:297)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.runTarget(Project.java:717)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:448)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Ant.execute(Ant.java:153)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.runTarget(Project.java:717)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:448)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:422)

But there is not messages to provide to the javac task. So what's the issue
?

Nicolas Delsaux

Re: Javac messages ?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
Nicolas Delsaux <ni...@free.fr> wrote:

> Hi, When my javac compilation task fails, I've got this strange
> error message
>
> build.xml:5: Compile failed, messages should have been provided.
> Compile failed, messages should have been provided.
>
> But there is not messages to provide to the javac task. So what's
> the issue ?

Read this as "messages should have been provided _by_javac_". Your
compilation failed, Ant doesn't know why, but your compiler should
have told you.

Stefan