Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Sophie Blee-Goldman <so...@confluent.io> on 2020/02/11 02:54:51 UTC

[VOTE] KIP-568: Explicit rebalance triggering on the Consumer

Hey all,

I'd like to start the voting on KIP-568. It proposes the new
Consumer#enforceRebalance API to facilitate triggering efficient rebalances.

For reference, here is the KIP link again:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-568%3A+Explicit+rebalance+triggering+on+the+Consumer

Thanks!
Sophie

Re: [VOTE] KIP-568: Explicit rebalance triggering on the Consumer

Posted by Sophie Blee-Goldman <so...@confluent.io>.
Hi all,

Apologies for the back and forth on this issue, but while implementing the
new
API I've come around to thinking we should not return anything after all,
and just
leave it up to the user to determine if they need to retry the rebalance.

Since I was the main (only) strong proponent of this aspect, I'm assuming
this will be fine with everyone -- but please do raise any
concerns/questions if you
have them.

Thanks!
Sophie

Posted by Sophie Blee-Goldman <so...@confluent.io>.
Thanks all!

Posted by Bruno Cadonna <br...@confluent.io>.
Thanks!

Posted by Boyang Chen <re...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding).

--
-- Guozhang

Re: [VOTE] KIP-568: Explicit rebalance triggering on the Consumer

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sophie,

--
-- Guozhang

Re: [VOTE] KIP-568: Explicit rebalance triggering on the Consumer

Posted by Bill Bejeck <bb...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the KIP Sophie.

Posted by Konstantine Karantasis <ko...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Navinder Brar <na...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.