Posted to users@maven.apache.org by johoso <jo...@smarttrust.com> on 2008/10/16 14:27:22 UTC

Re: Assembly plugin: You must set at least one file.

I am sorry that I am opening up and old thread and that I am also hijacking
it. But this guy had the exact same problem as I do, but never posted his
error trace. So I will do that instead.

Is there anyone who can help out, please do!

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] Building *removed*
[INFO]    task-segment: [package]
[INFO]
[INFO] [buildnumber:create {execution: default}]
[INFO] Storing buildNumber: 081016142054 at timestamp: 1224159654550
[INFO] [idlj:generate {execution: default}]
[INFO] [resources:resources]
[INFO] [compiler:compile]
[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
[INFO] [resources:testResources]
[INFO] [compiler:testCompile]
[INFO] No sources to compile
[INFO] [surefire:test]
[INFO] No tests to run.
[INFO] [jar:jar]
[INFO] [assembly:single {execution: packaging}]
[INFO] Reading assembly descriptor: resources/packaging.xml
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to create assembly: Error creating assembly archive packaging:
You must set at least one file.

[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to create
assembly: Error creating assembly archive packaging: You must set at least
one file.
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:583)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:499)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:478)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:330)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:291)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:142)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:336)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)
        at
        at
        at
        at
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Failed to create
assembly: Error creating assembly archive packaging: You must set at least
one file.
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.assembly.mojos.AbstractAssemblyMojo.execute(AbstractAssemblyMojo.java:368)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:451)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:558)
        ... 16 more
Caused by:
org.apache.maven.plugin.assembly.archive.ArchiveCreationException: Error
creating assembly archive packaging: You must set at least one file.
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.assembly.archive.DefaultAssemblyArchiver.createArchive(DefaultAssemblyArchiver.java:136)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.assembly.mojos.AbstractAssemblyMojo.execute(AbstractAssemblyMojo.java:322)
        ... 18 more
Caused by: org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.ArchiverException: You must set at
least one file.
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.zip.AbstractZipArchiver.createArchiveMain(AbstractZipArchiver.java:266)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.zip.AbstractZipArchiver.execute(AbstractZipArchiver.java:249)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.AbstractArchiver.createArchive(AbstractArchiver.java:762)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.assembly.archive.archiver.AssemblyProxyArchiver.createArchive(AssemblyProxyArchiver.java:496)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.assembly.archive.DefaultAssemblyArchiver.createArchive(DefaultAssemblyArchiver.java:132)
        ... 19 more
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 25 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Thu Oct 16 14:21:12 MEST 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 26M/380M
[INFO]

Posted by johoso <jo...@smarttrust.com>.
It seems like I made a very basic mistake.

The <directory>src/main/something</directory> was simpy incorrect and the
assemby-plugin could not find anything there.

My bad...
/Johannes

/Johannes

Posted by Ricardo Nascimento <ri...@gmail.com>.