Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/11 14:47:00 UTC

Unclean leader election docs outdated

Hello Apache Kafka community,

Current unclean leader election docs state:
"In the future, we would like to make this configurable to better support
use cases where downtime is preferable to inconsistency. "

If I'm not mistaken, since 0.8.2, unclean leader election strategy (whether
to allow it or not) is already configurable via
unclean.leader.election.enable broker config property.

Kind regards,
Stevo Slavic.

Re: Unclean leader election docs outdated

Posted by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com>.
Created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-2551

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.

--
-- Guozhang

Re: Unclean leader election docs outdated

Posted by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com>.
That sentence is in both

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stevo,