Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by kwshinsdu <kw...@126.com> on 2014/02/10 08:31:04 UTC

A puzzle about hadoop on mesos!

Dear,Mr/Ms:
I deploy my hadoop on mesos following :https://github.com/mesos/hadoop.I have a puzzly :since my mapreduce program is finished ,a Task_Tracker(sometimes two tasks) is still activity in mesos framework(shown as fig1 and fig2) .In my view, it may be not normal.
Then I reset the variable "mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum" and "mapred.tasktracker.reduce.tasks.maximum" to 1,when the program is finished(shown as fig3 and fig4), there is no active tasks in mesos framework.
My mesos version is mesos-0.14.2 and hadoop version is hadoop-1.2.1.
I curious about this.so would you explain this for me, thank you very much!
Best Regards!
WS Kang

fig1
fig2

fig3
fig4

2014-01-27
kwshinsdu

RE: A puzzle about hadoop on mesos!

Posted by Aaron Gottlieb <aa...@conversantmedia.com>.
It’s possible the tasktracker is still writing data to disk.  A task may report itself 100% complete but still be running because all of its data is not flushed to disk (and replicated in HDFS).  I would recommend checking the actual Hadoop status page for the job.  You may see something like BYTES_WRITTEN increasing every time you refresh the page even if the job says it is already completed.

I deploy my hadoop on mesos following :https://github.com/mesos/hadoop.I have a puzzly :since my mapreduce program is finished ,a Task_Tracker(sometimes two tasks) is still activity in mesos framework(shown as fig1 and fig2) .In my view, it may be not normal.
Then I reset the variable "mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum" and "mapred.tasktracker.reduce.tasks.maximum" to 1,when the program is finished(shown as fig3 and fig4), there is no active tasks in mesos framework.
My mesos version is mesos-0.14.2 and hadoop version is hadoop-1.2.1.
I curious about this.so would you explain this for me, thank you very much!
Best Regards!
WS Kang
[cid:image001.png@01CF264C.2BEB88E0]

fig1