Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org> on 2005/10/04 09:13:44 UTC

Re: continuation of Re: leather-dev skins and view/viewHelper plugins from user mailing list

El mar, 04-10-2005 a las 01:32 +0200, Miroslav Mocek escribió:
> Hello,
>
> I've played  a little with default.scale-dev.fv.
> I tried to remake it under new views style. I was partially successfull.
> There are still problems:
> 1. sometimes the css doesn't contain the appropriate id, which is
> requested in fv
> 2. sometimes the css creates other graphic style than in the picture
> 3. some parts in fv shouldn't be there or should be somewhere else (than
> in the picture)
> 4. there are not all contracts used in fv
>
> Are these problems based on the fact, that the scale-dev is
> unmaintained?

Yes, like I said before, scale-dev reflects the really early state of
development. I am actually surprised that you could use parts of it. ;-)

> What is in that sense good and what's wrong?

Actually if you are keen to make this style work you are free to do
whatever you want. Having said this you *should* try to use existing
contracts instead of creating new ones wherever possible. That is for
the sake of maintaining the contracts.

to 1) css should be changed
to 2) ~
to 3) fv should be changed
to 4) that does not matter, a fv can decide which contracts to include
and which not. It is only interesting if the fv should become an
official forrest theme.

> How to create fully appropriate style, which could other people use
> also? (how it should look, what all it should have,
> how to 'turn on' the scale-dev skin to be configurable from
> forrest.properties file?)

If you can develop the scale.fv to a point where it is usable then we
include it to the official themes.
1) We need for that a css (or a couple, depends on how you develop them)
and
2) a scale.fv.
3) Optional additional contracts (but like stated above that should be
reduced to a minimum).

Have a look at the pelt.fv for more infromation.

> Below is my index.fv as remaked from default.scale-dev.fv, if someone
> interested.

That looks good, but I imagine you changed the css as well, right? Can
you come up with a patch?

Cheers for your work, Mirek.

Please keep on asking question if some things does not get clear.

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

svn add, patches and conflicts

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
El mié, 05-10-2005 a las 10:14 +0200, Cyriaque Dupoirieux escribió:
> > Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> >> You will have to do a "svn add" on all new files and then you can do
> >> cd forrest-trunk/whiteboard/plugins/
> >
> Be carreful with "svn add" because I had several problem when I did this
> and send a patch :
> When the patch has been applied, I could not update anymore because of a
> conflict with the added files and the existing on my own machine.
> I had to remove some directories containing added files ...

Yes, that is right, after the patch is applied but changes where made
while doing this, you will get conflicts. Moving the files away before
doing the update should solve this problem.

salu2

Posted by Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cy...@pcotech.fr>.
Miroslav Mocek a écrit :

> Thanks a lot, as a basic start it works, and I hope I will continue on
> finalizing the style maybe next week. A little busy right now. ;(
> Mirek
>
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:

>>> Nono, the css is the same. But as you wrote - 'use parts of it' -
>>> that't it. Some parts are not used. But it is usable, I will try to
>>> improve it and clean it.
>>>
>>> Patch - I know, how to prepare patch from files in forrest dir. But
>>> these css and fv are in my site dir. (I followed the how-to's)
>>>

>> That is good as gold. That guaranties you a rapid development
>> (Change-refresh cycles). ;-) Stick with this till you have a first
>> version that you are happy with.
>>

>>> Maybe I should look at the pelt and try to put my styles in similar
>>> way in the forrest tree. Then I could do the diff. ?
>>>

>> Yeah.
>>
>> Basic placing of files (assuming we stick with the name scale)
>> view definition (aka structurer):
>> forrest-trunk/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.view/resources/views/scale.fv
>>

>> css related stuff:
>> forrest-trunk/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.viewHelper.xhtml/resources/skin
>>

>> extra contracts:
>> forrest-trunk/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.viewHelper.xhtml/resources/templates/scale
>>

>> You will have to do a "svn add" on all new files and then you can do
>> cd forrest-trunk/whiteboard/plugins/

Be carreful with "svn add" because I had several problem when I did this
and send a patch :
When the patch has been applied, I could not update anymore because of a
conflict with the added files and the existing on my own machine.
I had to remove some directories containing added files ...

Regards,
Cyriaque,

--

Cordialement,
Cyriaque,

*Cyri@que Dupoirieux* <ma...@pcotech.fr>
( 	Tél : 05.34.60.44.13 - Fax : 05.34.60.44.10
Mobile : 06.30.29.17.07

Posted by Miroslav Mocek <mm...@seznam.cz>.

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.

Posted by Miroslav Mocek <mm...@seznam.cz>.
>Yes, like I said before, scale-dev reflects the really early state of
>development. I am actually surprised that you could use parts of it. ;-)

I was also surprised, how easy it was. :)

>If you can develop the scale.fv to a point where it is usable then we
>include it to the official themes.
>1) We need for that a css (or a couple, depends on how you develop them)
>and
>2) a scale.fv.
>3) Optional additional contracts (but like stated above that should be
>reduced to a minimum).
>
>Have a look at the pelt.fv for more infromation.

I will, sure.