Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@gluecode.com> on 2004/10/19 01:58:59 UTC

Build issue on Windows, JDK1.5.0, possibly on 1.4

A full build from scratch can fail with an OutOfMemoryError: PermGen on
some Windows machines possibly due to the number of classes etc loaded
during the build/test process.

One solution to this is to increase the permanent memory with

SET MAVEN_OPTS=-Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermGen=128m

Incremental builds work OK.
--
Jeremy

Re: Build issue on Windows, JDK1.5.0, possibly on 1.4

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@gluecode.com>.
Aaron Mulder wrote:
> 	FYI, I got the same on Linux with JDK 1.5.0 for x86_64.

Did the same fix work?
Maybe its a Sun JVM issue.

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
	FYI, I got the same on Linux with JDK 1.5.0 for x86_64.

Aaron

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> A full build from scratch can fail with an OutOfMemoryError: PermGen on
> some Windows machines possibly due to the number of classes etc loaded
> during the build/test process.
>
> One solution to this is to increase the permanent memory with
>
> SET MAVEN_OPTS=-Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermGen=128m
>
> Incremental builds work OK.
> --
> Jeremy

Re: Build issue on Windows, JDK1.5.0, possibly on 1.4

Posted by si...@insession.com.
MaxPermGen option wasn't recognised.  I assume you meant:

        SET MAVEN_OPTS=-Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m

http://java.sun.com/docs/hotspot/VMOptions.html

John

Jeremy Boynes <jb...@gluecode.com>
19/10/2004 09:58 AM