Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com> on 2013/04/01 10:42:18 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1648 - in /release/incubator/bloodhound: apache-bloodhound-incubating-0.5.2.tar.gz apache-bloodhound-incubating-0.5.2.tar.gz.asc apache-bloodhound-incubating-0.5.2.tar.gz.md5

On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 6:26 AM, Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com>wrote:

> On 29/03/13 18:16, Ryan Ollos wrote:
>
>> I commited the files a few hours back, and just wanted to mention here
>> since there wasn't a notification email. I'll send the release announcement
>> in a few hours after giving the mirrors time to update.
>>

> I suspect that it not everything will be set up yet. The last I looked,
> https://issues.apache.org/**jira/browse/INFRA-6083<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-6083>suggested that the locations are available but nothing more. That suggests
> we still have to wait for update notification emails and the publishing. By
> the looks of it, the rest of the work is expected to happen within the next
> three days.
>
> Cheers,
>     Gary

I just realized that although
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/bloodhound/ is a valid link to
the release package, the URLs on
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/bloodhound/apache-bloodhound-incubating-0.5.2.tar.gzdo
not point to the release package. This is bad since the latter is the
URL I used in the release announcement. I didn't realize the
"dyn/closer.cgi" page might show download links for non-existent downloads,
and didn't check things carefully enough before sending the announcement.

After we sort that out I may need to update site/index.html and WikiStart
again.

Posted by Joe Dreimann <jo...@wandisco.com>.
When I first added this my intention was to show progress on the front page, instead of the same static information. Everything apart from the latest version was collapsed (with forward slashes to separate items).

I still believe progress/activity should be immediately visible from the page most people land on.

I have now removed information of release 0.1 & 0.2 and changed the style of the 0.5.1 and 0.5.2 releases since they're arguably minor. That should deal with it for now.

Cheers,
Joe

@jdreimann - Twitter
Sent from my phone