Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Vlachogiannis Evangelos <ev...@aegean.gr> on 2006/06/05 13:04:01 UTC

maven2 - jetspeed2

Hi list,

I would like to ask if jetspeed2 can be built using maven 2. If yes are
there any notes for that? For example, do we need to change the repos?
Do we need to go mvn compile, mvn package? Then for deploying to tomcat
maven2 deploy seems confusing...

Any ideas please?

Evangelos Vlachogiannis
Researcher - PhD. Candidate
Contact: http://www.syros.aegean.gr/users/evlach/contactme.php

Re: maven2 - jetspeed2

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Vlachogiannis Evangelos wrote:
> Hi list,
>

> I would like to ask if jetspeed2 can be built using maven 2. If yes are
> there any notes for that? For example, do we need to change the repos?
> Do we need to go mvn compile, mvn package? Then for deploying to tomcat
> maven2 deploy seems confusing...
>
> Any ideas please?

http://wiki.apache.org/portals/Jetspeed2/Maven2BuildSupport

Randy is trying to get the Maven-2 build working with a
Jetspeed-specific repo. It seems that it builds with Java 1.5, but we
are currently stuck on a strange and challenging bug in Maven-2 with
Java 1.4.

Recommend building with Java 1.5. Let us know how it works for you...