Posted to user@ranger.apache.org by Egor Ryashin <ri...@gmail.com> on 2021/08/12 13:13:11 UTC

unspecified zone shows all service names

Hi,

I use Ranger 2.1.0 and use security zones to allow management of specific services to a user, I see when the user specifies no zones the user can see all service names while I need to hide service names the user cannot manage. I wonder if service names can be hidden from the user that doesn’t have them in security zone?

Thanks

Re: unspecified zone shows all service names

Posted by Madhan Neethiraj <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Users can see all available services in the selected zone; when no zone is selected, all services will be visible to users. Though a service is visible, a non-admin user can only create policies for resources on which they were granted delegated-admin privileges. There is no control to hide/show services for specific users.

Can you please file a JIRA with details of specific use cases you are interested in?

Thanks,
Madhan